Today is the fourth day in our Freezer to Lunchbox #stockthefreezer 5 day challenge. This is where we cook one new recipe for five days to stock the freezer for the new school term. It is a fun free challenge that runs every school holiday period. If you missed the challenge and want to know when another is running sign up to our notification mailing list! Want last years challenge recipes? You can buy the e-book for $6. Click here for more information.
In tomorrows challenge we will be baking some delicious Apple-nana Muffins that contain egg. So today I thought I would share a non egg mini cakes recipe so everyone can enjoy! What I love about this recipe is that free of all common allergens! Makes them great for the lunchbox but also your next party!
Tell me more about this issue
Having a packed lunch can save you time, money and stress, not to mention the distraction of a rumbling tummy! With The Packed Lunch Issue of The 4 Blades Magazine, we truly have got something for everyone.
Want to know more about The Packed Lunch Issue?
- Each of the 9 packed lunches we have featured has four food items (both sweet and savoury options!) and a drink.
- The Traditional Lunch has some soon-to-be family favourites like Noodle Frittata (a great way to make 2 Minute Noodles more nutritious!)
- The Gluten Free Lunch will expand your repertoire of good quality gluten free options with yummy gluten free items that gluten lovers will enjoy too. The Seeded Polenta Crackers are a great alternative to standard crackers that the whole family will love.
- The Egg Free Lunch includes some recipes that would traditionally be made with eggs, but are instead made delicious without eggs. The Mini Egg Free Quiches are a great example!
- The Dairy Free Lunch has some delicious options that will help you enjoy lunch without dairy.
- The Allergy Friendly Lunch is for the families that are avoiding multiple allergens. It’s also great for school lunches! The Garlic and Rosemary Gluten Free Focaccia will be a new favourite.
- The Wholefood Lunch transforms healthy wholefood ingredients into tasty treats.
- The Vegetarian Lunch has delicious and nutritious meat-free ideas that will keep you going all day long. The Chargrilled Veggie Strudel is a must-try.
- The Vegan Lunch is full of tasty recipes, without any animal products. We know the Vegan Alfredo Spaghetti will be popular!
- The LCHF Lunch is perfect for those following the Low Carb Healthy Fat way of eating.
Want to try before you buy? Apple users can tap preview to download an introduction to The On the Road Issue, including a full contents and two bonus recipes.
Love what you see? Tap the big yellow Subscribe button to get the latest issue and each new issue as it is released every month, along with all the subscriber-only bonus issues.
A monthly subscription is only $5.99, or you can choose a 6 month subscription for $29.99 (auto-renewable after the month / 6 month period). This gives you access to the latest issue, all subscriber-only Private issues and any issues released while your subscription is current. To purchase an individual issue is only $6.99. You can unsubscribe at any time. Instructions available: www.the4blades.com/unsubscribe
(Note: prices listed are in Australian dollars, but you will be charged the equivalent in your local currency)
Love this recipe? Subscribe to the TRTLMT newsletter and never miss a recipe just as great as this one! Or join up to our monthly one for all the latest TRTLMT news. Subscribe to my newsletter here.
- 100g coconut oil or DF spread
- 100g sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 300g self raising flour (*can use GF)
- 260g milk of choice (*can use DF)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp baking powder (*ensure GF if required)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a mini muffin tin with paper cases.
- Add the oil (100g) and sugar (100g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 20 seconds.
- Add the vanilla (1/2 tsp), self raising flour (300g), milk (260g), vinegar (1 Tbsp), bicarb soda (1 tsp) and baking powder (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Spoon into the paper cases.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- This recipe appears in The Packed Lunch Issue of The 4 Blades Magazine http://www.the4blades.com/t4b-mag-027-the-packed-lunch-issue/