Originally posted on our Facebook page 19th October 2013
Well I have found my new favourite meal!
I’ve seen this popping up all over Facebook in the last week and thought I would try making them with the help of my tmx.
I just used bought butter to make the herb and garlic filling but next time I’ll make the butter from scratch from the EDC and then add my garlic and herbs. I made my own breadcrumbs and baked this in the oven. It was extremely delicious.
- 250g block unsalted butter (or your own homemade butter), cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- Small handful parsley
- Salt to taste
- Add garlic and parsley to bowl. Blitz on speed 9 for 10 secs.
- Scrape down sides.
- Add cubed butter and salt. Blitz on speed 10 for 25 secs.
- Place on baking paper and roll into a log shape. Place into fridge.
- When ready to use cut into slices.
- The remaining butter can be frozen.
- 3 slices day old bread
- A handful of parsley
- 20g parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Place everything into bowl and blitz for 15 secs.
- Any leftover unused breadcrumbs (that haven't touched chicken) can be frozen.
- Garlic and herb butter
- Breadcrumbs in a bowl
- 1 x egg beaten in a bowl
- 2 x chicken breasts
- Slice a pocket into the chicken.
- Place butter into pocket to suit taste.
- Dip into egg mixture and then breadcrumbs.
- Place into a baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- In the meantime cook mashed potato from the EDC in the bowl with vegetables in the steaming attachment to steam.
- Freeze leftover butter and breadcrumbs to use for another day.