These Fluffy Vanilla Pikelets are just that. Fluffy, taste of vanilla and pikelets!
Pikelets and pancakes are very popular in our house. the boys love them. What I love about them is they are so easy to make, make plenty and can be frozen for the lunchbox.
These are so soft and fluffy and have a delicious hint of vanilla in them. I use Chef’s Choice Alcohol Free Vanilla Extract in these and it gives them a beautiful vanilla flavour. You can of course use vanilla of your choice.
My other recipes:
- Banana Honey Pikelets
- Cinnamon Oat Pancakes
- Cinnamon Scroll Pancakes
- Nutella Pancakes
- Orange Poppyseed Pikelets
- Oven Pancake Bites with Honey and Cinnamon
- Pancake Dippers
These can be made very quickly using a bowl and spoon. Follow the same instructions as the below recipe card however instead of using a processor simply mix with a wooden spoon.
- 280g self raising flour
- 60g sugar
- 250mls milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of finely ground salt
- 45g melted butter
- Place all ingredients into bowl except the butter.
- Blitz on speed 6 for 20-30 seconds or until lump free.
- Add more milk if it appears too thick.
- Add melted butter and blitz on speed 6 until just combined.
- Place small spoonfuls of the batter into a frying pan on medium heat. I do three at a time. I use a tiny bit of butter to grease my pan.
- Once bubbles appear on the pikelet, flip over and cook for 30 seconds or until cooked through.
- These can be frozen.
* This post contains affiliate links. I have affiliate relationships with some businesses. This means that I receive a small percentage of sales made through these links from the business. I receive nothing from you just clicking on them. These do not cost or affect you or your purchase. I use this money to help with the costs involved with running my website. More can be found on my Disclosure page.